[SunRescue] surplus monitors

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 25 01:12:17 CST 2000

>i need some information for a 1995 model Sun Monitor
>model GDM 20d10 and 5 others all 20" with
>manufacturing dates of 1992, 1994, 1993.

That model monitor is what is called a "fixed frequency" monitor. Do a
search on www.google.com and look for the FAQ. Some of the big 20" Sun/Sony
monitors will work with just an adaptor, most notably the GDM-20E20. Most
Sun monitors will not work with a PeeCee.

>my questions are:
>1.  can I use this monitors in an IBM compatible
>computer at my  home.  ?

Yes and no, it will not be easy, You can use it with an adaptor <~$30US> if
your video card supports sync-on-green. however you will not be able to veiw
DOS windows, or the text based startup of windows. Or, you can purchase a
fixed frequency video card, there are several manufacturers out there,
prices start at $120.00. You will still need the adaptor this way.

www.si87.com check thier web site.

>3.  how can i configure this monitor?

DOn't know that you can.

Cheers,