[SunRescue] SS4 chassis/drives

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Thu Feb 24 16:04:45 CST 2000

Ahh, more fodder for the SHR.  Thanks.

> There isn't normally an SCA disk card installed for the front
> bays.  You
> can put one there from a SS5 or SS20 if you really want to.
>
> Go for an SS5 if you can.  Back when the SS4 was $2k cheaper
> than the SS5
> it made sense, but not now.  Actually, let me take that back.
>  They make a
> decent "first sparc" for someone on a really low budget.

Hmm, well Fred has some for (dirt?) cheap, and I'm always looking for more
toys.  My SS20 isn't fast enough for my tastes as a workstation, although
Solaris7 (NO tweaking) is faster than Linux 2.2.x on it.  Of course, if
anybody has an Ultra1 (even just the base chassis) for the price of that
SS4, I'll take it.  :)
	Greg