[SunRescue] Hardware tidbit

Kurt Huhn kurthuhn at k-huhn.com
Sat Feb 19 03:09:32 CST 2000

I couple weeks agot here was some discussion about CDROM drives, and what
will work with various Sun hardware to boot from.  I just got in an ELC and
tried to boot from my speedy LaCie drive (matsushita hardare).  The CD drive
worked fine on my Classic and and an SS5 - however the ELC didn't like it at
all.  I swaped out the LaCie for a Sun branded Sony drive (caddy type) and
there's no problem booting and loading Solaris.

Just figured I'd toss that out there for you folks...

Kurt