[SunRescue] 4/470 os's

Sam Wilson swilson at mail.bsd4us.org
Thu Feb 17 08:58:35 CST 2000

I have been able to get the solaris 2.4 net install to come up on my
470. You will want to run that one because 2.3 and earlier have major Y2K
issues. I'm not sure if 2.4 has any as bad, since I have yet to get the
installer to like any of the harddrives I've connected to it.

You are right, none of the free os's currently support the 4/470. I'm
hoping that once I get the thing running 2.4 (to verify that it works
well), I plan on trying to put some time into getting OpenBSD to work on
it.

I think there's been some preliminary work done in lots of different
places, and I'm hoping to pull all that together with any other info I can
get about this system.

Here's to wishful thinking....

Sam W.