[SunRescue] SPARCstation 2

Paul Khoury pkhoury3 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 13 18:22:27 CST 2000

At 03:05 PM 2/13/00 -0800, you wrote:

>> It may be that this CD isn't bootable, any other idea's?
>>

>That may in fact be the case. See http://saturn.tlug.org/suncdfaq/ if you
have
>one that is sun bootable.

What kind of CD-ROM are you using?  I bought a 4X Plextor (wow, it's been
almost 2 years
I've had it) on eBay because you can change it to 512 byte blocks.
I know there's a hack for some Toshiba 3301's (which I have several of),
but I haven't
been successful (or really taken the time to try it).
I think some Sony drives will work, namely the Apple CD-ROM 300 (I think,
it's been
a while since I read the CD-ROM FAQ).

You should check out the CD-ROM, Solaris, and Sun hardware list.
It was pretty helpful to me.

Regards,

Paul