[SunRescue] Brain = Disconnected.

Earl Baugh earl at baugh.org
Thu Feb 10 19:06:25 CST 2000

>On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 11:07:35PM -0500, Earl Baugh wrote:
>> A value reply...four replies in on one mail.
>> (sue me, I'm lazy...8-) )
>> First, RE: "free schtuff" guy.
>
>Uhm, Kent Rankin isnt the same as the "free stuff" guy... I think you
>mixed up two threads here. 8-)

Want to apologize to Kent for my mental mistake and connecting
him to the free stuff guy.  I had to go back thru my digests to
see where I had made the mistake after Bill pointed it out.
I realize now that for some reason I connected the two e-mail
addresses (ah..they both start with...k...8-) ) the other part
was probably related to me also sending a note to the "free stuff"
guy on the first go round.  (I punted and didn't actually sending
him anything as I got leary after the communications......)
Anyway, my dumb.  I owe Kent a beer....

However, I do actually have some content to contribute and
a question to ask.

First, anybody in need of Type 4 country kits?  I spoke to a
re-seller I deal with who chucked a dumpster full of them in
November and says he's still swimming in them.  I'm getting
a free one for the "how-cheap-can-you-put-together-an-IPC" box.
I can probably arrange a quick connection for those interested.
On a related "rescue" note, I got him to make a deal with me
that he'll contact me before chucking any more Sun equipment,
so no more lost rescue opportunities...(however, I still may
need help, as he's not "local" to me...)  I'm waiting for
MrBill to help me out with a local connection....

I'm still looking for a $17 NVRAM for an IPC btw...

Earl