[SunRescue] The Combo reply.

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Thu Feb 10 00:00:04 CST 2000

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, James Lockwood wrote:

> In theory, in the SS1000/SC2000.  The notches may be slightly different,
> as they are in the SS4/SS5/Exx00 systems.  Yes, you can swap SS5 RAM with
> Exx00 RAM with the aid of a file and some time.

I should probably be more specific here.  Exx00 RAM will work in the
SS4/SS5 if tweaked slightly, it only uses 3.3V signalling but the SS5 can
deal with this.  SS5 RAM may or may not work in Exx00 depending on how
many parity bits are present on the module (Sun 32MB sticks only have 1
parity bit per word).  I wouldn't risk it going that way (SS5 to Exx00).

-James