[SunRescue] The Combo reply.

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Wed Feb 9 23:52:52 CST 2000

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Kent Rankin wrote:

> 	While I've got a letter out here, would someone tell me how one obtains
> CPU's from the CS6400 boards?  Everyone speaks as though they have MBUS
> cards on them, but, well... the CPU's are soldered on.

Your first CS6400, eh?  The CPU's are on small "folded" boards from what I
remember.  Not generally practical to pull.  They're worthless without the
mainboards anyway.

> 	Can the memory be used in any other SPARC machines?

In theory, in the SS1000/SC2000.  The notches may be slightly different,
as they are in the SS4/SS5/Exx00 systems.  Yes, you can swap SS5 RAM with
Exx00 RAM with the aid of a file and some time.

-James