[SunRescue] Which SPARCstation is better?

Andy Wallis rawallis at bsu-cs.bsu.edu
Wed Feb 9 12:48:18 CST 2000

At 04:57 AM 2/9/00 -0800, Paul Khoury wrote:
>would also like to venture into multiprocessor systems.  Any insight would
be great.
	I just bought a SS10 and I love it. The processors for them are quick and
relatively easy to find. I've found that my SS10 with 64MB RAM and a single
SM51 processor is very reponse and quick. Some apps take a bit to load
up(on the order for 10-20 seconds) but it is nothing to complain about. The
worst is Netscape taking about 20 seconds but considering it is 4.7 and the
machine is running Solaris 7, there is little to complain to about.
	I would definately choose a 10 over 5 because the SMP and the 512MB of RAM
possible makes it easy to upgrade and it can still take care of a ton of
server/workstation apps.
	-Andy Wallis