[SunRescue] Proper use of VME scsi controllers?????

Greg A. Woods woods at most.weird.com
Wed Feb 9 10:24:37 CST 2000

[ On Wednesday, February 9, 2000 at 09:21:23 (-0500), BSD Bob wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [SunRescue] Proper use of VME scsi controllers?????
>
> It still bites the bullet.  I sense it has lost touch with the VME
> controllers in favor of the esp onboard things.  I just wish I could
> find a stable enough NetBSD to run on any of my vme crates, so I could
> try wacking a little of the driver code.  The old VME crates are still
> great fun, but getting a bit long-in-the-tooth on sunos.

There may be problems in the VME bus code, but the core of the NCR5380
driver is rock solid as people do full builds of NetBSD on 3/60s that
take several days of steady pounding....

The 'sc' driver worked quite well for some time in 1.2 -- I did kernel
builds on mine and I can probably fire it up if I run another 15amp
circuit over to that corner of the basement....  :-)  It might not be
brain surgery or rocket science to fix it again but it will take some
care and debugging by someone knowledgable about the issues.  Too bad
its primary maintainer (Gordon Ross) is no longer working steady on it.

> Can you email me that or point me to it?

I thought you were already in touch with the author of the half-complete
'sc' driver for NetBSD (derMouse)....

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>