[SunRescue] CD ROM read error ?

Paul Khoury pkhoury3 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 5 06:27:08 CST 2000

On Sat, 5 Feb 2000 00:03:34 -0500, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

>Honestly I do not think you can. Do you have another machine you can FTP to
>it from?

Well, to make matters worse, the machine I was going to put it on has a bad HD.
I'm wondering if a low level format on my PC might help - it's the Hawk ST31051N.
This Hawk looks really cheap though, and it gets *excessive* read errors - so much
for setting up a DNS server/internet router early (in prepartion for the day I get DSL
or other high speed access).