[SunRescue] Sun 3/60 Ethernet

Paul Khoury pkhoury3 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 4 15:34:16 CST 2000

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000 13:12:53 -0800 (PST), James Lockwood wrote:

>On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Clay Mellender wrote:
>
>> Sure is. Therei is a row of dip switches about 2 inches from the BNC on the
>> mother board. Reverse all of them, and it will change AUI to BNC or vice
>> versa. I Think that they go to the side of the connector you want, but am
>> not positive.
>
>The 3/60 doesn't have dip switches, it has a header with several jumpers.
>6 of them are for memory size, one is for monitor type (high res vs
>normal) and the last selects the AUI connector (labelled EXTXVR if memory
>serves).  Jump it.

That's what that thing was.  I thought it was for external expansion or something.

Also, my system only finds 18MB of RAM - I have all SIMM sockets populated,
the correct jumpers, and the SIMMs are working, frm upgrades on my SPARCS (all
Sun barcoded).  Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
I tried taking them out, switching posistions, reseating, the usual standard procedures.

Paul