[SunRescue] recommendations: IPX or SS-2?

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Thu Feb 3 19:13:41 CST 2000

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, scohen - Stephen Cohen wrote:

> On the other hand, the box does little to nothing.  It used to run Big
> Brother.  In any event, the disk drive sits idle.  This is mentioned in
> case excessive use of the disk generates additional heat.

Besides being a machine for my personal use (temp file storage, etc.) I
will host a web page and mailing lists for my local Linux User Group.
Maybe compile a kernel for it once in a while, but I'm not expecting it to
see a lot of traffic.

I don't think it will be going on a rack, it will have either an old
Seagate 1480N (400 megger) or an IBM DSAS-3540 (520 megger) drive in it.

      * * *       Atari 8-bit!  Battlestar: Galactica * Descent * SCSI
      * * *      400/800/XL/XE  Star Raiders * Galaga * SPARCstation LX
  *  *  *  *  * 2600/5200/7800  Star Wars * Voltron * Star Trek * Summer
--Linux/SPARC-Debian-2.1--------------!  ! ! L I N U X ! !  !-----2.2.14--