[SunRescue] CD ROM read error ?

Mark Price mark at paradise.raleigh.nc.us
Thu Feb 3 18:21:10 CST 2000

Hi, could someone please give me some advice as to what is happening
here.
I have a SS2 w/ 64MB RAM and borrowed an external cdrom drive from a
friend to load OpenStep 4.2 on.

Well, I set the SCSI cdrom ID to 6, and at the "ok" prompt executed
"boot cdrom".. it loaded the OpenStep installation, prompted me for
language choice and then a minute or so later is reads the openstep
configuration, the says "Starting OpenStep".  Shortly thereafter it
comes up with the error "Data Access Exception" and I'm dumped back to
the Sun "ok" prompt.

What is wrong here?  I haven't checked the CDROM drive type or anything
but I assumed it works since it initially loaded OpenStep, I can check
to see what kind it is if necessary

thanks
Mark

Mark Price	    mailto:  mark at paradise.raleigh.nc.us