[SunRescue] WinNT on Alpha

Martin Frost martin at dsres.com
Thu Feb 3 09:14:05 CST 2000

Tim Hauber wrote:

> I can't think of any other machine that would let you move a hard
> drive to different hardware without some kind of rebuild.

Amigas allow this as well (well, did until their demise). Wrote a
table called the RigidDiskBlock to the start of the disk giving
all the details of how it was formatted, down to sector sizes.

Lovely machines, even if the graphics were only TV quality and
plugging in a graphics card would (a) cost a fortune, and (b) lose
you all the special graphics features which were the best thing
about the hardware.

--m