[SunRescue] SGI Indigo 2 Impact or Extreme?

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Wed Feb 2 15:01:15 CST 2000

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Dave McGuire wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Feb 2000, James Lockwood wrote:
> >The only real deficiency of the Indigo2 is the lack of fast ethernet.  I'd
> >rather have an I2 Max Impact than an O2 for most apps.
>
>   Isn't there a fast ethernet interface available as an expansion card?

Yes.  Only $795 brand new from Phobos, what a bargain.  Used they command
at least $200-300.

You can get either a GIO version or an EISA version.  The GIO version is
faster but then you can't use a framebuffer that takes both GIO slots, as
all of the high end ones do.  The EISA one maxxes out at around 70Mbps.

Cisco EISA FDDI cards can be used, though.  Anyone got one?

-James