[SunRescue] Rescuing software / mounting CDs

David Cantrell (at home) david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Feb 2 04:40:18 CST 2000

Kent Rankin <krankin at usit.net>
 wrote:

> mount -F hsfs -o ro /vol/dev/dsk/c0t6d0/<disklabel> <mount_point>

Ah, the problem was that blah/c0t6d0 didn't exist.  Someone on another
mailing list told me about booting with -r to reconfig the kernel and create
the device files.  With that done, vold does its magic and automatically
mounts the CD.

> I'm assuming, of course, that you're running Solaris, although the
> Redhat comment makes me question that.  What are you running?  *grin*

I'm running Solaris 2.6, I just used a Redhat CD to test the drive cos I had
it handy.