[SunRescue] Solaris 2.5.1/PPC

Paul Khoury pkhoury3 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 1 15:19:53 CST 2000

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000 15:58:35 -0500, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

>>Speaking of which, it sure would be nice to see the OS/2 GUI on top of X
>>in Solaris...
>>
>Speaking of OS/2, did IBM ever develop it to run on anything other than x86
>boxen?

They were originally trying to develop it to work on top of PPC, but they killed that also.
It was primarily so they could run on their Power ThinkPad  and desktop RS/6000 line.

It wasn't a bad OS, but the support IBM provided IMO was terrible.  I used to have it on quite
a few machines, now it's become more of NT and Solaris.

>I have an old version of OS/2 2.0 I think if anyone wants it.

I beat you - I have OS/2 1.0, complete with manuals, disks, box, etc!

If anyone wants disk images also, I have some - but you need an IBM BIOS machine to
boot it up (Aptivas don't count).
Okay, back to more on topic stuff...