[SunRescue] 670MP OS/hardware choices

Martin Wedel xsintrk at xsintrk.net
Tue Feb 29 04:34:10 CST 2000

  The excitement mounts!  : )  . I have managed to procure a set of
SM52X procs (both cards, 4 procs) and a decent amount of ram (320mb)
for my 670MP. Also picked up some cheap full height 3.5 gb SCSI-2
drives.  I should have all of the parts together within the next few
weeks. My question is this. Who on the list is actively running one of
the MP systems, and more specifically, what OS are you running? Are
there any other recommended cards (ei scsi cards with higher
throughput) I should look for?
   I definitely want to take advantage of SMP and the architecture of
the system. I plan to use it to serve a few xterms and 5 to 6 diskless
workstations as a start. Can anyone give me some pointers,
suggestions, etc for tweaking the box?
Included with this are a few cards that I am not exactly sure
about.They are : 501 1855 IPI-2 port card,370 2715 FSD Transceiver,
and 501 1203 IPI Printer board. Can someone enlighten me as to the
use/caveats of these cards, beyond the obvious?
   Thank you all again for your time and input.

-Martin