Soda-talking (was Re: [SunRescue] Real ISP)

Greg A. Woods woods at most.weird.com
Mon Feb 28 16:40:36 CST 2000

[ On Monday, February 28, 2000 at 08:38:10 (+0100), Bjrn Ramqvist wrote: ]
> Subject: Soda-talking (was Re: [SunRescue] Real ISP)
>
> Geee.. I sure miss Mountain Dew.
> (They are hard to come by here in Sweden!)

Unfortunately Mountain Dew here in Canada doesn't have any caffeine.

There was a *HUGE* uproar, mostly from mothers of small children, when
it was revealed that there was some test marketing going on with the
intent of introducing caffeine to a "clear" beverage (I'm fairly sure it
was Moutain Dew, but I'm not 100% certain).  What horrors!  How was a
person to tell if their kids were drinking caffiene or not?!?!?!  You
don't expect them to read the label now do you?  :-)

(Of course most kids really shouldn't have much caffeine, even pro-rated
for their body mass....  Some shouldn't have any at all -- it's only
funny to a point and then someone's likely to get hurt!)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>; Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>