[SunRescue] glue?

Martin Frost martin at dsres.com
Mon Feb 28 06:07:49 CST 2000

Kent Rankin wrote:

> > A blue wire on the underside of one of my 4/110 CPU boards has
> > lifted loose from one or two of the points where it was attached
> > to the board. Anyone know what sort of adhesive was used to hold
> > those wires in place?

>         I'd imagine that some form of epoxy would have been used.
> Have you tried calling an electronic's supply house?  I'm sure that
> you could find out what it is by calling and asking for such a supply,
> then posing a few questions.

It's definitely not epoxy. Epoxy dries hard. The glue Sun stick
wires down with goes rubbery when dry.

I think it's actually that hot-melt glue where you get a sort of
gun with an electrically heated nozzle which melts the sticks and
then you squeeze it out and it sets when it cools. Great fun. The
advantage of it for sticking wires down is that it doesn't use
any kind of solvent, and since the glue is insulating it doesn't
matter if the actual wire covering gets damaged by the heat.

--m