Re(2): RE: RE: [SunRescue] Real ISP

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Fri Feb 25 19:48:27 CST 2000

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Eric Ozrelic wrote:

> I really like NeXT style keyboards and actually tried for awhile
> to find some sort of converter but I couldn't. I've never used a
> NeXT keyboard, but they look really cool. SGI is cool because
> you can use a standard PS/2 keyboard & mouse with them (supposedly)

Some of the NeXT keyboards are ADB and can be used on an ADB Mac.  There
was at least one ADB to PC keyboard converter box made (Kensington?), but
it's anybodys guess as to whether that could be ganged up to the PC to Sun
converter box.

You can use PS/2 keyboards and mice on Indigo R4000's, Indys, Indigo2's
and above.  Not on older systems (Indigo R3k/Onyx/Crimson/PI/etc).

PS/2 keyboards and mice are also usable on most modern HPPA boxes, Alphas
and RS/6000's.

Anyone got an old, boxy non-ergonomic Logitech mouse they want to get rid
of?  I'd like one of the nice rectangular brick ones, can't stand these
curvy palm-filling mice.

-James