Re(2): RE: RE: [SunRescue] Real ISP

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Feb 25 19:10:08 CST 2000

On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 01:38:58PM -0800, James Lockwood wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > Thats a type 5c keyboard with the Type6 "crossbow" mouse.  Its better
> > than the Type5 mechanical, but I still think that both of them are too
> > light (I'm almost to the point of putting some lead weights in...)
> Put a mouse ball from an older Apple Logitech mouse in.  I use the one
> from a IIgs mouse.  Feels like it has an iron core.

James, you rule.  Bought a couple of broken Apple mice at Goodwill, de-balled
them, tossed the mice... put a heavier ball in my type6, and put a decent
one in the type5... they're good, now.

> Still prefer optical mice, but that at least makes the mechanicals
> passable.

I wish Sun would license Microsoft's "Intellieye" technology, or even
Logitech's "Marble" trackball technology; those are my other two favorite
pointers (trackman marble and plain-white-Intellieye mouse).

Bill

--
| Bill Bradford | mrbill at mrbill.net |