[SunRescue] Real ISP

scohen - Stephen Cohen scohen at acxiom.com
Thu Feb 24 11:06:21 CST 2000

Business can't afford to progress at the rate of the supply of internet people 'in the know.'  Instead, it must devise and develop a system or method with which to retain knowledge in a few but allow many to work.  Such is the case for the ISP.

There simply aren't enough of us to meet the perceived business opportunities.  We cannot dictate the growth in internet usage any more than the business can force folks to use the internet.  The demand far outstrips the supply of knowledge to run such things.

I am blessed with an ISP which provides CATV internet connection.  It is a simplistic set-up, but that is all I need.  They've responded to my questions and concerns.

I am about to embark on loading an Intel box with dual NICs and Linux so that it can masquerade the other boxes I'd like to run on the 'network.'  This might go beyond my ISPs expertise, but I believe that they will be open to what I'm doing and 'learn' from it.

Others should be so fortunate.  Regards,

Stephen P. Cohen           mailto:scohen at acxiom.com
Acxiom Data Network        Phone:  (501)336-2065
Logistics Business Unit    Fax:    (501)336-3910

Acxiom Corporation         Web:     http://www.acxiom.com
301 Industrial Boulevard
Conway, AR   72033