Re(2): [SunRescue] finding a number of files in a dirB

Tim Hauber tim_hauber at STEV.net
Tue Feb 22 13:29:24 CST 2000

rescue at sunhelp.org writes:
>> 	I could be wrong on this one (standard disclaimer  *grin*), but
>> wouldn't "find ." produce a listing of all directories underneath the
>> PWD, as well as the given directory?
>
>'find .' won't expand upwards to the parent directory. it expands into '.'
>and any directories below the cwd.
>
>-j

You guys said the same thing, now what kind of argument is that?

Somehow I thought ls had a parameter that returned the number of things in
a directory, but maybe that wasn't ls, or maybe it was a hacked ls on some
other system... boy it gets foggy in here after a few years, where did
that go...Oh look, a screwdriver, a small pamphlet, a brass lantern...now,
what was I trying to remember??

YOU HAVE BEEN EATEN BY A GRUE