[SunRescue] TPE link test

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Mon Feb 14 14:44:50 CST 2000

I still don't understand this to my satisfaction, so I have to ask again.
How does the TPE link test stuff work on, say, the SS20.  I've tried this
with an Intel 10/100 8-port In-Business switch, and a couple of IMC modular
and palm hubs, but it doesn't talk to any of them properly.  I know that I
can disable this in the PROM (do I have the right one, I'm confused again),
but then my sun lance ethernet driver complains that it's disabled.  The
switch, at least, seems to be supplying proper link-beat for the other cards
that are connected to it, but not for my SPARC.  Thanks,
	Greg