[SunRescue] Sun CD burning question

Lyndon Griffin lyndon at mail.bsd4us.org
Mon Feb 14 05:06:06 CST 2000

OK - I give up...  I keep hearing about this mysterious patch that needs
to be put on Solaris 7 so that you can burn CDs.  I can't find the
patch!  I got the number, I think:  107465-02.  But, it's not
there...  I've tried searching Sun on keywords and patch number.  I've
even manually set URLs substituting other patch numbers with this one.  Of
course, if you know how to fix this problem, you know that the problem is
you cannot stick a blank CD-R in the drive and hope for it to stay there
long enough for you to burn a CD - Solaris kicks it out of the drive
because it can't automount the media (killing automountd doesn't help).

TIA

<:)  Lyndon