[SunRescue] TCX for SS%?

Jonathan Eisch jeisch at boku.net
Fri Feb 11 19:56:12 CST 2000

josh grubman wrote:
> painfully slow. netscape is unusable. moving an xterm with cde opaque window
> movement turned on hurts.
I used it for a year rather than a TGX.  Netscape every day.  The amount
of RAM you have does make a big difference.  Switching desktops with CDE
takes < 4 seconds with about five windows open in each desktop.

I guess I never considered it a good idea to move windows with 'opaque
window movement', but then that's just me.

> >       What's the going rate for them?
>
> i paid around $400 for an s24 a couple years ago and sold it two weeks later.
They have been a bit less than that for a while, shop around and you
should be able to get a good deal.

-Jonathan