[SunRescue] DSL

Kurt Huhn kurthuhn at k-huhn.com
Fri Feb 11 14:45:31 CST 2000

>Of course, I also can't get cable, let alone a cable modem, so I am stuck
>with dial up for now.  however, take a look at http://www.freexdsl.com
>they are offering free dsl (with about 5 years of fine print) and claim to
>be able to push into areas the local telco is unwilling to.
>
>Tim

Looks like a deal to me, as long as you don't want to run a high end server.
The IP address looks like it is dynamic, so that rules out some services.
It is 384/128 for the free version, faster than ISDN for sure - great for
folks who just want to surf or small businesses with thier mail/web servers
colocated.  For certain, a great deal.  I'm apparently pre-qualified for it,
but I curently enjoy a static IP on Cox Communication's network (cable box)
for only $40/month - so I'm not exactly in a big hurry to move to something
else.  However, if I had a small business within the service zone, I would
be sorely tempted to use this.

Kurt