[SunRescue] The infamous reply-to field

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Feb 10 14:51:43 CST 2000

Tim Hauber said:

> Kent Rankin said:
>
> >       It seems that I will never get used to the reply-to field of
> >rescue at sunhelp.org, rather than the sender's address.
>
> I know we get a fair amount of accidental postings because of this
> setting, but I'd like to say it is a whole lot better than other lists I
> am on where the reply-to is set to the sender, and I tend to not reply to
> the list, and have to send everything twice.

Are any of you on the (void) list?  It's available both ways.  Those who
subscribe to 'void' get munged reply-tos and those who subscribe to
'void-pure' don't.

IIRC it's run on a hacked mailman and the patches are available if you
want them, Bill.

--
David Cantrell | david at cantrell.org.uk |
http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david