[SunRescue] Proper use of VME scsi controllers?

BSD Bob bobkey at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Wed Feb 9 15:08:28 CST 2000

> Yeah, Slot 8 is fine. Remove the IACK and BG3 jumpers.

OK

> >Does the generic kernel on 4.1.1U1 or 4.1.3 have built-in dual
> >scsi controller capability, or do I need to recompile the kernel?
>
> If you want to have two Sun2-SCSI, yes, you must recompile the
> kernel. The GENERIC kernel supports the following configuration:
> The first controller can be an Sun2-SCSI or a Sun3-SCSI, the
> second must be a Sun3-SCSI. You have to switch one jumper on
> the second SCSI (switch 7 for Sun3-SCSI, switch 2 for Sun2-SCSI).

Hmmm, OK, then which exact part numbers should I be using for the
VME3-to-VME2 adapter hangers for the sun2 and sun3 controller
cards.  I have mixed all mine up, and maybe had better check
to be sure I don't inadvertently nuke something by mixing and
matching the right controller with the wrong adapter and slot.

I will assume slot 7 for the sun2 up to the tape and slot 8 for
the sun3 out the back to drives.

Thanks

Bob