[SunRescue] Blew the gillywatzits off my 4/110 cpu.....(:+{{. ..

BSD Bob bobkey at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Mon Feb 7 13:31:57 CST 2000

> Isn't there a SCSI fuse on that era of board- one of those little clear
> topped round ones that stick in sideways and that're almost impossible to
> see if they're blown or not? <grin>.

I was expecting one, but it must be buried somewhere not obvious.   I looked
all over the board, and found the ethernet and the keyboard fuses, but
did not see one for the scsi.  There may be one buried under the cg4
daughter board.   I will have to see about removing that (lots of BNC
connectors and a plug to undo).

> I don't know if that fuse would cover whatever circuit you might have blown,
> but those fuses are all over those old VME boards (and the lunchboxes) so
> you might try scavenging one from another board and replacing it and see if
> that helps.

I will scrounge from wherever I can find one.  I have some spare 3/160 boards.

> If you are not sure where the fuse is located on the board, I can check my
> FEH when I get home. IIRC, there are two of these fuses close together, one
> for Ethernet and one for SCSI. Let me know if you need a location reference.

IFF you have the FEH handy, can you check and see if it is in the lower
right corner UNDER the cg4 daughter card?

Thanks

Bob