[SunRescue] Printer Joy

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Feb 4 07:08:18 CST 2000

On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 12:57:02AM -0800, Dan Jameyson wrote:
> This evening, I got the HP LaserJet that was sitting in the garage
> working. It's an original LaserJet (with a 19200 baud serial interface)
> that sucks up just short of a kw of power... from August, 1986. I
> believe I got it from Ford Aerospace a year ago. Anyway, it's an awesome
> printer for printing all those text documents that just burn through the
> epson stylus ink cartridges. Why is it that newer printers waste more
> ink?

I got one of those once.  The next morning, without thinking about it,
dead-lifted it to move it from the front seat to the back seat of my
car (a '87 Firebird at the time).

That evening, I started to get sore.  The next morning, I could
literally not walk.  I'd pulled that many muscles without realizing
it.

Be careful!  Old hardware is DANGEROUS! 8-)

Bill

--
| Bill Bradford          | mrbill at pdp11.org     | mrbill at mrbill.net     |