[SunRescue] Printer Joy

Dan Jameyson jameyson at iwosys.net
Fri Feb 4 02:57:02 CST 2000

Though this has absolutely nothing to do with Sun... I did rescue a
really nifty printer.

This evening, I got the HP LaserJet that was sitting in the garage
working. It's an original LaserJet (with a 19200 baud serial interface)
that sucks up just short of a kw of power... from August, 1986. I
believe I got it from Ford Aerospace a year ago. Anyway, it's an awesome
printer for printing all those text documents that just burn through the
epson stylus ink cartridges. Why is it that newer printers waste more
ink?

Ahh, already the room is 5 degrees hotter... joy oh joy!

Dan