[SunRescue] recommendations: IPX or SS-2?

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Thu Feb 3 11:17:00 CST 2000

Good afternoon.

I have the opporunity to setup a 24/7 box at my local ISP (mainly for
personal use), and I have an IPX or SPARCstation 2 to spare.

I'm leaning towards the IPX as it is more compact, but I was wondering
about any heating problems by leaving it up 24/7.

Also, does anyone have any pointers to specs on the SS-2/IPX?
Specifically, power supply ratings and the like?

Thanks.

      * * *       Atari 8-bit!  Battlestar: Galactica * Descent * SCSI
      * * *      400/800/XL/XE  Star Raiders * Galaga * SPARCstation LX
  *  *  *  *  * 2600/5200/7800  Star Wars * Voltron * Star Trek * Summer
--Linux/SPARC-Debian-2.1--------------!  ! ! L I N U X ! !  !-----2.2.14--