[SunRescue] RE: Sun KVM Switch for SS10

Earl Baugh earl at baugh.org
Wed Feb 2 12:55:07 CST 2000

Remote displays works fine, if these machines were "just" servers.
However, I'm doing some stuff where I'd like the ability to
have access to the console, as if it were sitting on the desk
as a general worstation.  My only motivation is to free up desk
space. I've got the two pizza boxes stacked, the two monitors, keyboards
and mice really chew up desk space.  I've got 3 PC's (soon to be 4)
on a switch box (with a Sun monitor and one of those 13w3 to VGA adapters)
next to the suns, and that configuration works real well, it gives me nice
place for playing games (that's the NT and WIn98 boxes) and working on the
Solaris for Intel box. (The Linux box is next on the switch...)