Orientation and Heating (was: Re: RE: [SunRescue] Solaris 2.5.1/PPC)

David Rouse drouse at arlington.newsargus.com
Wed Feb 2 08:41:53 CST 2000

> Of course I run it vertically. I also heat my Apt with it in the
winter!
> Clay

I've got an IPX at home, which some have said are also prone to
overheat. And I have it mounted vertically with one of those funny
plastic stands that Sun made for them. Does the stand make the heat
hazard worse?

At least I've gotten rid of the old Unisys and its UPS, when those two
were around you could hear the buzzing in my front yard.

---
David Rouse
Network Manager
Goldsboro News-Argus