Re(2): [SunRescue] Stupid NVRAM questions

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Feb 2 01:38:03 CST 2000

On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 01:13:46AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   I think they're still around, yes.
>  But no, not really like them...Newark deals primarily with companies, and can
> ship components in great quantities.  They often deal with open accounts and
>such.  DigiKey and Mouser, on the other hand, deal primarily with hobbyists and
> small shops.
>                -Dave McGuire

And if you're fairly close to them (as I happen to be in Austin), Dallas
Semiconductor is great for small quantities of stuff.  They normally prefer
to deal in large volume, of course, but then they have a "evaluation" program
where you can buy up to 20 count of any of their products, and put it on a
credit card.  Even shipping UPS Ground, I usually get stuff next-day with
them, and paid around $15 for NVRAM last time I had to buy some (for a 386i..)

(http://www.dalsemi.com)

Bill

--
|Bill Bradford          | mrbill at pdp11.org     | mrbill at mrbill.net    |