[SunRescue] Solaris 2.5.1/PPC

Chris Petersen havoc at apk.net
Tue Feb 1 16:47:22 CST 2000

> rescue at sunhelp.org writes:
> >That's your problem, you're looking at a DEC page when DEC doesn't exist
> >anymore.  Compaq doesn't support NT on Alpha.  A lot of Compaq VARs are
> >offering trade-in deals for the Alpha-ProLiant conversion that people have
> >to do to keep valid support contracts.  Hopefully in just a couple of
> >months? (whenever the end of support for those NT Alpha systems is) there
> >should be a pretty decent market of used Alpha systems.
> >	Greg
>
> SSSH! don't show interest, it jacks the price up, remember, "those old
> Alphas, dead end chip and all, no support, I could probably store them in
> my closet for you...."
>
> Tim :-)

Heh.  A pile o' Alphas in my closet, now that's a worthy goal!  Especially
after finishing my Tru64 certification last weekend :)  IMHO, Tru64 Unix is
one of the better-kept secrets out there.

Speaking of which, I'm working on getting a pile of Alphas, older
Turbochannel DEC 3000 series hardware.  If you'd be interested in one, let
me know and I'll make a note of it.  These aren't pure rescue, but will
probably available for fairly inexpensive $$.  Hopefully I'll know something
in the next month or so...

Chris