[SunRescue] Solaris 2.5.1/PPC

ward at zilla.nu ward at zilla.nu
Tue Feb 1 14:58:23 CST 2000

On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 12:51:45PM -0800, Paul Khoury wrote:

> Maybe that too?  In the case of NT for example, they even seemed to kill MIPS support,
> so it's now just Alpha and x86.

They've dropped Alpha, as well.  Seems that Win2k doesn't work well on a 64bit
platform, and it's easier to drop the line.  I personally think it's still part
of the whole Intel conspiracy.

Strange that NT was developed on MIPS, yet it was dropped early on.  They claim
that they dropped PPC for Endian conversion reasons, yet I learned how to write
an NBO filesystem that worked on either type of platform when I was in school.

Reagen