[SunRescue] 32MB Expansion cards for SS2

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Tue Feb 1 12:55:45 CST 2000

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> I think that there are SS2 SBUS memory expansion boards, which hold 32MB,
> and there are SS2 SBUS memory expansion daughter boards, which hold 32MB.
> The SS2 memory board plugs into slot1, and has a "extra" cable which must be
> attached to the mainboard of the SS2 (that part I know for sure).  I think

Into the SAX connector (Sbus Address Xtension) to let it access the high
bits that aren't normally brought out.

> that the daughterboard goes into slot 2, and attaches via some cable or
> another to the SS2 memory expansion board.  I believe that these are NOT the
> same card, but I haven't seen the daughterboard, so I'm not sure on that.

They aren't the same card.  The daughtercard doesn't take an additional
slot, though, it piggybacks on top of the primary card.

Not really worth it in this day and age.  Better to get a Classix, LX or
SS5 if you need more memory.

-James