[SunRescue] 3/60 crate

Greg A. Woods woods at most.weird.com
Tue Feb 29 12:36:49 CST 2000

[ On Tuesday, February 29, 2000 at 04:15:28 (-0600), Bill Bradford wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [SunRescue] 3/60 crate
>
> Man, its scary to think that the 3/60 was a *current product* when
> RoboCop 2 came out.

A 3/60 was definitely not "current product" at the time (1990) -- they
probably rented it from some local prop shop.  3/60's were new in 1987
and the SS1 was probably current at the time of filming.

>  Did anybody else notice how RoboCop's "diagnostics"
> was made to resemble MS-DOS, while RoboCop 2's "diagnostics" were made
> to resemble the Apple Finder, with a skull where the apple normally was?
> I thought it was hysterically funny the first time I saw the movie, but then
> again I'm a geek and probably one of the few who noticed it..

I didn't really pay to much attention to #2, but I do remember laughing
at the diags in the first movie!  ;-)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>