[SunRescue] do I have a problem?

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Tue Feb 29 23:30:47 CST 2000

Nope, not possible, although my parents complain sometimes about the 3+ that
I have in my room.  I leave my 4/330 off most of the time because the PS is
rated at 6 amps, and I can't afford to feed it that kind of power all the
time.

> concern on her part
> about the possible effects of all of that radiation on my
> ability to, erm -
> well let's just say that the same issue has come up about
> Policemen and
> radar guns.
>
> I protested, but that only produced spasms of laughter from
> her.  Take a
> look at these latest pictures from my "office" and let me
> know what you
> think...
>
> http://www.k-huhn.com/picshare/aut_0054.jpg
> http://www.k-huhn.com/picshare/aut_0055.jpg
>
> The first to correctly identify all the systems and guess
> what OS is running
> on them wins a 1986 Volswagen Jetta!  Currently this
> Volkswagen is adorning
> my front yard, courtesy of my sister - who abondoned it there
> on her way to
> California.  Pictures of the Volkswagen upon request...

Well, I absolutely hate Jetta's, but I'm going to take a shot at it.
Although I don't know what I can do for the machines that aren't "on" in
terms of OS...  The notebook in the front that's closed looks like an older
Compaq 486 contura, althought I may have the processor wrong.  Don't know
you too well, so I can't wager on that OS.  The one behind it is hard to
see, but I'd have to go with IBM thinkpad.  That looks like a big IE thing
in the top of that window, so maybe a MS win box, but it's not too clear.
Netscape appears to be running on the one next to it, but I can't tell the
OS or make (dell?).  The last machine IS a toshiba, or somebody who OEM'd a
toshiba.  The OS is out of the question.  Of course, I haven't seen a
sparcbook, so I couldn't tell if one of those is similar or not.  8-[  Oh,
and that's a Logitech 3-button mouse in the middle of the desk.  Enough
failures for now,
	Greg