[SunRescue] Tim Ranting

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Tue Feb 29 13:41:31 CST 2000

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, David Rouse wrote:

> By the way, did the team that build Apple's LC cases know the team that
> built Sun's IP cases. I've wondered about the Apple 61* cases and the
> Sparc 10-20 cases. It seems that one design was influenced by another,
> but I don't know enough about the time lines to guess who influenced
> whom. Anyone know? Is there a book or web site that covers case design
> during that period?

Frog Design designed the Sparc 1 and many other pizzaboxes of the era.  I
believe they also did extensive work for Apple around the 1990 timeframe,
which makes sense.

On the other hand, there are only so many ways to design a pizzabox case.
The Sparc 1, Mac LC,  SGI Indy and HP 712 are all fairly similar overall.

-James