[SunRescue] Extra HD

Walter Peterson walterp at cyberstreet.com
Sun Feb 20 08:19:29 CST 2000

Got this working! I needed the device name but found it in /dev/dsk. It was
c0t1d0s0. Sheesh /dev/hdb1 seems so much simplier. The drvconfig also made
the VGA frame buffer I got work with X. Thanx everyone for the help.

Next question....The ISDN interface on the ss10. Where would one set SPIDs
and such? Does the system treat this like a serial port? Has anyone ever
used this with pppd to get an Internet connection?

At 10:06 PM 9/19/00 -0700, you wrote:
>you have to make a file system with the newfs command after you format the
new drive.
>something like
> newfs /dev/rsdk/<drive_device> <cr>
>
>kurt
>
>Walter Peterson wrote:
>
>> I already did that.
>>
>> On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Kurt Nowak wrote:
>>
>> > the "format" selection under the format command will format the drive :)
>> >
>> > kurt

SCSI ID 3