[SunRescue] Modern blue/grey deskside HD storage cabinet... what is it?

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 12 16:44:26 CST 2000

I saw in our surplus pit today, a deskside storage cabinet (blue/grey thing
with the drop down front half-door), and I was expecting it to be a 4/xxx
of some sort.  It turned out to be only an HD system.  Like a fool, I did
not write down the part number on the back, but I think it was a 595-xxx-xxx
series thing.  The cabinet has two HD50 scsi connectors like modern Sun
boxes of the same color.  Anyone have any sort of idea as to what kinds
of HD's are likely to actually be in this monster?  I saw 3 rows of 3
fans on the backside, so I am assuming it probably has several drive
bays inside.  Any insights as to what it might contain are appreciated.

Thanks

Bob