[SunRescue] NetBSD v. Linux v. Solaris 2.51

Gregory Leblanc rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 6 21:07:09 CST 2000

On 31 Dec 1969 15:59:59 -0700, Michael Hansen wrote:
> To the point: I often hear "run your X server on another machine."
> Can that other machine be x86 based? If it is x86 based, will
> setting it up be non-trivial?  Assuming I do set it up that way
> would it be a heretical, blasphemous, evil thing, possibly
> a >bad< thing?

Assuming that your x86 machine is running a real OS, and has X
available, it's pretty trivial.  Just install OpenSSH on both machines,
and enable X11 forwarding in the sshd_config on the SS1+, and in the
ssh_config on the x86 box.  When you ssh from the x86 box to the SS1+ in
X, running X apps on the SS1+ will have them showing up on your local
display.  Really slick and easy.

    Greg