[SunRescue] Sparc 1 struggles

Kurt Huhn kurthuhn at k-huhn.com
Sun Apr 30 13:39:37 CDT 2000

> TI Floating Point Unit
> Sun-4/60
> 501-1454
>
>  1.The TI FPU was shipped from August to November 1989.
>  2.Approximately 130 TI FRUs were shipped to customers.
>  3.The TI FPU is replaced with a Weitek FPU upon failure.
>
> Early (early!) Sparc 1's were not shipped with a FPU.  This card was a
> prerelease primarily to test code.  There were some incompatibilities with
> the "real" FPU but they were minor.
>
> I collect them.  I've got 3% of the production run so far.  :)

I had no idea these were so rare!  I guess currently own .7% of the
shipped run then.  I also own a Catalyst Program JavaStation - the
only one I've seen, though there must be more.  Unfortunately the
PS/2 keyboard port seems to be broken, but I really haven't been able
to troubleshoot it effectively since I don't have a copy of Netra and
this station doesn't appear to have a PROM and FORTH interpreter in
the traditional Sparcstation sense.  If anyone can offer any insight
on this JavaStation, it would be appreciated.

Kurt
kurthuhn at k-huhn.com