[SunRescue] Sparc 1 struggles

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Apr 30 03:17:04 CDT 2000

On Sat, Apr 29, 2000 at 10:36:41PM -0700, James Lockwood wrote:
> Wow, that's a blast from the past!
> TI Floating Point Unit
> Sun-4/60
> 501-1454
>  1.The TI FPU was shipped from August to November 1989.
>  2.Approximately 130 TI FRUs were shipped to customers.
>  3.The TI FPU is replaced with a Weitek FPU upon failure.
> Early (early!) Sparc 1's were not shipped with a FPU.  This card was a
> prerelease primarily to test code.  There were some incompatibilities with
> the "real" FPU but they were minor.
> I collect them.  I've got 3% of the production run so far.  :)

Cool.  What other obscure Sun stuff do you have or know about? 8-)

I *FINALLY* got one of the "Sible" PS/2 interface converter boxes
ordered from Sun last night; availability finally changed from "4 weeks"
to "ships next day".

Bill (will trade left big toe for 4mb 30pin SIMMs so I can fire up
      this 670...)

--
|   Bill Bradford    |   Austin, Texas   |