[SunRescue] GDM20E20 won't sync wigh vta videl

Darryl Barile dbarile at interserv.com
Sat Apr 29 23:24:27 CDT 2000

I recently bought a SparcStation 1 home to try and satisfy a need for
curiosity. Unlike some other Suns I've seen this unit has a card in the Sbus
slot right abiove the processor that plugs into the processor slot in the
mainboard by a set of long 'pins', very interesting. The part number
is 500-1454. Not sure if this is part of the problem or not.

Upon booting; the output to the serial cable reads through the
boot process until it reads:

dump on sd0b fstype spec 16188K
le0: No carrier - tra....

and other assorted gibberish.

If I try to boot into single user user mode from the "ok" prompt
the machine complains about an "Memory address not aligned"

I know I've seen a discussion about the memory problem before
but I can't seem to find it.

Any advice or pointers to advice/text would be of great help. Obviously
I am very new to working with Sun equiptment so please excuse any
overly ignorant questions I have.